Thank you for visiting AlphaStep website.
AlphaStep commitment to protect your privacy
AlphaStep are committed to complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. In doing so, AlphaStep will ensure that our staff will comply with appropriate standards of privacy, security and confidentiality.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
Collection of personal data
From time to time and for the purpose of carrying on the AlphaStep businesses and operations, including the provision of services and facilities to you, you may be requested to supply data that may directly or indirectly identify you or other person(s) as an individual ("Personal Data") such as, but not limited to, the following: Name, Residential address, Telephone number, Membership number and details, Credit card number, Bank account information, Age, Gender etc.
If you are under the age of 18, please seek prior consent from your parent or guardian before providing us with any of your personal data.
Supply of Personal Data to the AlphaStep is non-obligatory, but failure to do so may result in the AlphaStep being unable to process your application(s) or to provide facilities and services to you.
How do AlphaStep uses your personal data?
You understand, acknowledge and consent to AlphaStep processing, collecting and using your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing, administering and managing your AlphaStep membership including, without limitation;
- 1.1.1 Granting you access into the AlphaStep according to the terms of your membership;
- 1.1.2 Providing you with service or foundry/facilities status updates;
- 1.1.3 Processing the payment of your membership fees and / or any other relevant charges that may be incurred by you;
- 1.1.4 Operating AlphaStep’s member database;
- 1.1.5 Providing you with a fitness evaluation where requested by you;
- 1.1.6 Where your image or video is captured on AlphaStep fitness foundry, to be used for publicity purposes;
- Considering and/or processing your membership application with us, including to require you to fill in relevant forms which sets out your health and lifestyle to ascertain your fitness level at the point of application with us;
- Contacting you or communicating with you via telephone call, text message, email;
- Verifying your identity;
- Marketing and advertising of any facilities and services to you by AlphaStep and its subsidiaries, such as sending you offers and promotions;
- Prevention, detection or investigation of crime; and/or;
- Responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims;
- To prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or omission or misconduct, whether relating to your membership with us or any other matter arising from your membership with us, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- Storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside Hong Kong;
Disclosure to third parties
All personal data held by AlphaStep will be kept confidential. There will be occasions where it will be necessary for AlphaStep to disclose your personal information to third parties. AlphaStep may be required to disclose your personal information in connection with the above purposes to the following classes of third parties:
- Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company;
- Banks and payment providers, to authorise and complete online payment transactions;
- Service providers, agents and contractors that support AlphaStep’s business, for example, IT service providers, marketing service providers, data analytics providers and insurance companies.
- Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons that have a right under Hong Kong law to gain access to such information provided they can prove their authority to access such information. For example, if AlphaStep was served with a court order demanding certain customer information then AlphaStep would disclose the information to the duly appointed officer of the court or such other persons as the court orders.
Access, correct and update personal data
- Check whether AlphaStep holds any personal data relating to them and, if so, obtain copies of such data;
- Require AlphaStep to correct any personal data relating to them which is inaccurate for the purpose for which it is being used.
- You may at any time request access to, correct and update personal data relating to you in any of our records. You may also ask us to delete you from any active mailing or distribution list kept by us. To exercise any of your aforesaid rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In response, AlphaStep may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that AlphaStep can be sure you are the person to whom the personal data refers.
- If you are under the age of 18, please seek prior consent from your parent or guardian before access and correction of personal data.
When you come to the Website, our server software may record the domain name of your computer. We may also track the pages you visit. AlphaStep does these recordings and tracings so that we can measure the traffic, gauge the popularity of various parts of the Website, gain some general knowledge about our visitors, and market the Website to advertisers with whom we may share traffic data. This information will not identify you as an individual.
Last modified: 22 December 2020